Monday, January 11, 2010

People and places

Back to school! Last semester! (this calls for many exclamation marks) (!!!!!)

So I'm back in Virginia and two of my favorite people are responding to distant calls to travel across the globe. It's times like these I wish we still thought the Earth was flat. Certainly if the threat of a hippo or kangaroo attack isn't drastic enough to keep them here, a fear of falling of the edge of the world might just do the trick. New Years Resolution:  Donate lots of money to the Flat Earth Society.
 http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

I spent my break in Pittsburgh, where the weather seemed to know just how much I missed snow down here in Virginia. If only driving conditions weren't a contentious issue, I couldn't have been happier. Also, I think my back muscles are super strong from lots of shivering. I'm increasingly looking forward to going back to Pittsburgh after school ends. I don't like the idea of "settling down," but I can't think of anywhere I've liked even close to as much as Pittsburgh, so I'm trying to take that for what it is and not worry. And aside from being a great place, Pittsburgh is full of awesome people that I love coming home to and am always reluctant to leave.

Hunger calls! More updates later.

No comments: